Please don’t hesitate to ask the Front Desk for information and directions and feel free to leave suggestions at the Front Desk for items to add to the list!
1. Enjoy our tasty food.
2. Listen to music while dining.
3. Take a dip in our heated outdoor pool.
4. Have a drink in Heckman’s Pub.
5. Walk Parsons Way.
6. Rent a paddle board and paddle the river.
7. Read the newspaper on our front porch and watch the world go by.
8. Sail on the Pineapple Ketch with Captain John.
9. Learn about marine life from Captain Bob on the Rugosa.
10. Catch the ‘big one’ with Captain Bruce aboard the Libreti Rose.
11. Enjoy a cocktail in front of the fireplace in our lobby.
12. Play a game of shuffleboard.
13. Visit with our front desk staff.
14. Shop in Dock Square.
15. Go to the Kennebunkport Historical Society.
16. Take a walking tour from the Nott House.
17. Stroll Goose Rocks Beach.
18. Eat a lobster or two at Nunan’s Lobster Hut.
19. Enjoy Jim Ciampi playing piano in our dining room.
20. Watch the sun set across the river.
21. Watch the sun rise from your balcony.
22. Rent one of our kayaks and paddle the Kennebunk River.23. Read a book in an Adirondack chair on our lawn.
24. Be amazed by our beautiful gardens.
25. Try Food Wars Best Lobster Roll at the Clam Shack.
26. Buy “Nonantum Wear” in our gift shop.
27. Send postcards to family and friends.
28. Breathe in the salt air.
29. Drop a line in the breakwater and fish.
30. Fly a kite at Gooch’s Beach.
31. Play a round of golf at Cape Arundel Golf Course.
32. Sample our wonderful breakfast buffet.
33. Watch the yachts go by.
34. View Walker’s Point, the summer home of the 42nd president George W. Bush.
35. Experience spouting rock and blowing cave on an incoming tide.
36. Read your complimentary paper.
37. Visit the Brick Store Museum in Kennebunk.
38. Stroll the grounds of St. Anne’s Church by the sea.
39. Take an old-fashioned trolley ride at The Seashore Trolley museum.
40. Charge your car at our electric vehicle chargers.
41. Have a tour of the area from our front door on the In-town Trolley.
42. Try another Maine summer tradition—summer stock theater at the Ogunquit Playhouse.
43. Have a leisurely lunch by our pool.
44. Enjoy fresh produce at Patten’s Berry Farm.
45. “cool off” with your kids at Funtown/Splash town USA, Saco, ME
46. Collect sand dollars at Goose Rocks Beach.
47. Visit the LL Bean flagship store in Freeport
48. See an awesome concert at Vinegar Hill.
49. Nibble on turn down treats
50. Sample local brews at Federal Jacks—the home of the Shipyard Ale.
51. Shop at the Kittery Outlet Stores.
52. Watch the lobster boats come in—or go out!
53. Take a horse drawn carriage ride through the streets of Kennebunkport.
54. Peruse the local antique shops.
55. Hit some golf balls or play the unique par 3 at Pitch and Putt.
56. Visit the Wendy Webster Good Gallery and other amazing galleries in Dock Square.
57. Get treated royally at the Spa at Rivers Edge or Cottage Breeze Day Spa.
58. Let our staff make your dinner reservation .
59. The Spirit of Massachussetts is a 125 foot schooner built in New England at the Charlestown Naval shipyard—stop by for a cocktail and a bite to eat!
60. Walk barefoot on the beach.
61. Plan a family reunion at the Nonantum.
62. Spend a day whale watching.
63. Take the children to York’s Animal Kingdom for a day.
64. Enjoy the wonderful grounds of the Franciscan Monastery.
65. Discover the marine life in the tidal pools at Mother’s Beach.
66. Watch the lobster men unload their catch at Cape Porpoise Pier.
67. Admire the statue on the green, done by local artist Frank Hendlen—his first piece and done in his 80’s.
68. Stop and smell the beach roses.
69. Play a game of croquet on our lawn.
70. Learn about the local environment at the Rachel Carson Reserve in Wells.
71. Rent bikes from the Nonantum and explore.
72. Hike the trails at Mount Agamenticus.
73. Take photos of the Wedding Cake House.
74. Congratulate one of our new bride and grooms.
75. Walk the grounds and trails at Laudholm Farm in Wells.
76. Spend a day in the Old Port in Portland.
77. Discover the islands offshore with Casco Bay Line.
78. Book a room to return during our beautiful foliage season.
79. Meet some “locals” for a good story or two.
80. Climb on the rocks at “Whamby Beach”.
81. Play a round of golf at Dutch Elm Golf Course.
82. Wander across the bridge and discover Lower Village.
83. Get a lobster roll from Port Lobster and enjoy it at Colony Beach.
84. Celebrate a birthday or anniversary.
85. Enjoy yoga on the back lawn by the lighthouse
86. Catch up with friends using our wireless hookups.
87. Inquire about Kennebunkport’s annual Christmas Prelude Celebration—we’ll be open!
88. Spend time at the Portland Museum of Art and Children’s Museum.
89. Go back in time at Strawberry Banke in Portsmouth.
90. Take the kids out for a ball game at the Portland Seadogs, the affiliation to the Red Sox.
91. Take a photo of Goat Island Lighthouse—the last manned lighthouse in the state of Maine!
92. Stroll down to the Phyllis A. Maritime Heritage Assoc. to see the historical exhibit of an eastern rigged gill netter. You can also see their exhibit of boat building tools and artifacts.
93. Ride the Nonantum Shuttle.
94. Go leaf peeping and gaze at all the great fall colors.
95. Take in a movie at the Saco Drive-In.
96. Try as many flavors as you can at Big Daddy’s Ice Cream.
97. Take a surfing lesson from Aquaholics.
98. Rent a surfboard at Aquaholics and ‘hang 10’.
99. Visit Old Orchard Beach, walk the pier and have some fries.
100. Collect Maine seashells.
101. Stroll around the Maine Mall.
102. Bring your kids to the Candy Man for some “penny candy”.
103. Go strawberry & blueberry picking. Maine berries are the best!
104. Pick pumpkins at Spillers Farm.
105. Try a margarita at Pedros.
106. Visit the Landing School to see how ships are made.
107. Peruse the selection of fine wines at Downeast wines in Lower Village.
108. Just relax!
109. Walk down to Dock Square and enjoy a Ben & Jerry’s ice cream cone.
110. Go bowling or play in the video game room at Garden Street Bowl in Kennebunk.
111. Go indoor Go-Karting at Maine Indoor Karting in Scarborough, ME
112. Pick-up some flowers at Wallingford Farm and put a bouquet in your room.
113. Play mini golf at the new Raptor Falls in Arundel.
114. Take the Ferry to Peaks Island and rent a golf cart or a bike.
115. Visit Batson River Distilling for a small bite and a taste of Maine in a bottle
116. Enjoy our martini menu while singing along to the tunes of Lisa Mills and Don Wessel.
117. Walk out on the jetty and count the boats as they head out of the harbor.
118. Visit Portland Headlight—the oldest lighthouse in the United States.
119. Walk out to Vaughn’s Island at low tide.
120. Take a peaceful, beautiful walk on Goose Rocks beach at low tide.
121. Take kids to climb rocks near Blowing Cave or just along Ocean Ave.
122. Go for a ride to Ogunquit & take a walk along the Marginal Way!
123. Take the kids (or yourself) to play a couple of rounds of Mini-Golf.
124. Skip stones on the sea or the river.
125. Dance to the Entertainment at the Nonantum.
126. Star gaze on the jetty at Colony Beach
127. Visit the art gallery at River Tree Arts.
129. Enjoy our own garden fresh herbs and vegetables and select drinks and dinner items.
130. Take some farm fresh produce home from the Kennebunk Farmers Market.
131. Hit the links at Wonder Mountain in Wells for mini-golf.
132. Walk or bike the Eastern Trail.
133. Visit Roma Pizza – a taste of Italy in Kennebunkport.
134. Keep an eye out for our friendly resident entity – Sadie.
135. CELEBRATE the Nonantum Reosrt is 135 years old!