Family Friendly Resort in Maine
Family Activities Program 2017
(June 15 – September 4)
For more than 130 years the Nonantum Resort in Kennebunkport, Maine has been known as the family resort in southern Maine. In fact, Yankee Magazine featured our resort as one of the best family resorts in New England in 2016. Families from across the nation and many other countries have come to stay with us to build life long memories. Maine truly is Vacationland, and the Nonantum Resort has something for every member of your family. Families can enjoy many of the options below and don’t miss out on our special pop up events throughout the summer.
Some favorite activities include kids crabbing and princess and pirate night. While crabbing, kids will go with a staff member onto the Nonantum docks and pull up the crab pots and actually get to play with the sea creatures while learning a little bit about the Maine ocean and other marine life. The princess and pirates night lets kids dress up in princess and pirate costumes while they have a scavenger hunt around the resort looking for “buried treasure”.
Daily Offerings Include:
– Kayak and Bicycle Rentals
Manager Meet & Greet join the Nonantum’s managers in Heckman’s Pub on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 4-5PM.
Tea time with Tristan on the front porch of our carriage house lobby. Tuesday and Wednesday from 4-5PM through September. For more information call 207-710-4245 or visit tristanjordan.com
Saturday & Sunday Mornings 8-9 am weather permitting. Located on our back lawn by the lighthouse. Mats and towels are provided.
- Property Garden Tours – please call Kim at ext. 646 to request a time, complimentary
- InTown Trolley Tours – tickets available at the front desk
- Rugosa Lobster Tours – sign up at the front desk
- Pineapple Ketch scenic sails – reserve online
- Libreti Rose II inshore fishing charters – call 207-432-4349 to schedule your private charter
- Breakwater Spa Fitness Center, just up Ocean Avenue. $10 day passes available.
- Stand-up paddle board rentals, private lessons and guided tours through Aquaholics Surf Shop / 207-967-8650
- Mountain bikes and tours through Kennebunkport Bicycle Co. / 207-385-4382
- Get Out There Fitness beach boot camp
*Unless otherwise noted, children must be accompanied by an adult*