Family Friendly Hotel in Maine
For more than 130 years the Nonantum Resort in Kennebunkport, Maine has been known as a beautiful Maine family resort. In fact, Yankee Magazine featured our resort as one of the best family resorts in New England. Families from across the nation and many other countries have come to stay with us to build life long memories. Maine truly is Vacationland, and the Nonantum Resort has something for every member of your family.
Activities program will open for the season with a limited schedule starting May 24th 2019 with weekends only. On June 20th we will open every day with the last day being September 2nd. The full summer schedule will be released on June 1st. From May 24 – June 20th we will still host guided walks, crabbing, lawn games, bike rentals, arts and crafts, cocktail making classes and paint nights.
Family activities abound at The Nonantum Resort! Reconnect with your kids and make Maine memories on your family vacation here. Join in crafting, crabbing, cooking demo’s and more! We’ve got the whole gang covered – from the kiddos to the grandparents. Everyone will enjoy our family campfires, sing-along’s and s’mores under the stars. Plus boat tours departing right from our marina, and trolley tours departing right from our doorstep. Scenic strolls and nearby beaches make great family vacation excursions. Relax and unwind with chair massages under the gazebo, morning waterfront yoga, and more. In the evenings, let us keep the kids entertained while you enjoy a nice dinner in 95 Ocean.
Some favorite activities include kids crabbing and princess and pirate night. While crabbing, kids will go with a staff member onto the Nonantum docks and pull up the crab pots and actually get to play with the sea creatures while learning a little bit about the Maine ocean and other marine life. The princess and pirates night lets kids dress up in princess and pirate costumes while they have a scavenger hunt around the resort looking for “buried treasure”.
Red White and Blue Slide
Giant Pirate Combo Bounce House and Double Lane Waterslide
18 ft. Tropical Breeze Waterslide and Coconut Run
The Tidal Wave! Waterslide
Daily Offerings Include:
Stand Up Paddle Boards (18+)
1 Speed Cruising Bike Rentals
Adults Bikes Only $10/Hour or $30/Full Day
Rates Include Bike Helmets
Beach Chairs | Beach Umbrellas | Boogie Boards
$10 for the Day
Wagons & Umbrella Strollers
$20 for the Day
$5 for the Day
Kennebunk and Mothers Beach Pass – get them at Kiosk’s right at the beach!
*All offerings are weather and availability permitting*
Hosted Happy Hour join the Nonantum’s managers at Latitude’s Poolside Bar (Rain Location: Heckman’s Pub) on Monday and Thursday from 4-5PM.
Saturday & Sunday Mornings 8:30-9:30AM (weather permitting). Located on our back lawn by the lighthouse. Mats and towels are provided.
- Property Garden Tours – please call Kim at ext. 646 to request a time, complimentary
- InTown Trolley Tours – tickets available at the front desk
- Rugosa Lobster Tours – sign up at the front desk
- Pineapple Ketch scenic sails – reserve online
- Libreti Rose II inshore fishing charters – call 207-432-4349 to schedule your private charter
- Breakwater Spa Fitness Center, just up Ocean Avenue. $10 day passes available.
- Stand-up paddle board rentals, private lessons and guided tours through Aquaholics Surf Shop / 207-967-8650
- Mountain bikes and tours through Kennebunkport Bicycle Co. / 207-385-4382
- Get Out There Fitness beach boot camp
- Daeira Conservation – Ocean Themed Arts & Crafts: fun and educational fish-themed crafts with our staff, created by Daeira Conservation!
*Unless otherwise noted, children must be accompanied by an adult*