128 Things To Do
Please don’t hesitate to ask the Concierge or Front Desk for information and directions … and feel free to leave suggestions at the Front Desk for items to add to the list!
1. Enjoy our award-winning coastal cuisine.
2. Listen to live music while dining.
3. Take a dip in our heated outdoor pool.
4. Have a drink in Heckman's Pub.
5. Walk Parson's Way.
6. Fish off our dock.
7. Read the newspaper on our front porch and watch the world go by.
8. Sail on the Pineapple Ketch with Captain John.
9. Learn about marine life from Captain Bob on the Rugosa.
10. Catch the 'big one' with Captain Bruce aboard the Libreti Rose.
11. Enjoy a cocktail in front of the fireplace in our lobby.
12. Play a game of shuffleboard.
13. Visit with our concierge.
14. Shop in Dock Square.
15. Go to the Kennebunkport Historical Society.
16. Take a walking tour from White Columns (the Nott House).
17. Stroll Goose Rocks Beach.
18. Eat a lobster or two at Nunan’s Lobster Hut.
19. Dance to the Don Campbell Trio in our dining room.
20. Watch the sun set across the river.
21. Watch the sun rise from your balcony.
22. Rent a kayak and paddle the river.
23. Read a book in an Adirondack chair on our lawn.
24. Be amazed by our beautiful gardens.
25. Try Food Wars' Best Lobster Roll at the Clam Shack.
26. Buy “Nonantum Wear” in our gift shop.
27. Send postcards to family and friends.
28. Breathe in the salt air.
29. Drop a line in the breakwater and fish.
30. Fly a kite at Gooch’s Beach.
31. Play a round of golf at Cape Arundel Golf Course.
32. Sample our wonderful breakfast buffet.
33. Watch the yachts go by.
34. Take pictures of Walker’s Point—summer home of President George H.W. Bush.
35. Experience spouting rock and blowing cave on an incoming tide.
36. Read your complimentary paper.
37. Visit the Brick Store Museum in Kennebunk.
38. Stroll the grounds of St. Anne’s Church by the sea.
39. Take an old-fashioned trolley ride at The Seashore Trolley museum.
40. Buy some earth friendly products at the Tom’s of Maine Outlet in Kennebunk.
41. Have a tour of the area from our front door on the Intown Trolley.
42. Try another Maine summer tradition---summer stock theater at Arundel Barn Playhouse or the Ogunquit Playhouse.
43. Have a leisurely lunch by our pool.
44. Call friends and make them jealous!!
45. Take the children to Funtown/Splashtown.
46. Collect sand dollars at Goose Rocks Beach.
47. Drive to L.L. Bean for a Maine tradition.
48. Meet new friends in our Channel Room Pub.
49. Nibble your turndown chocolates and look forward to tomorrow.
50. Sample local brews at Federal Jacks—the home of the Shipyard Ale.
51. Shop at the Kittery Outlet Stores.
52. Watch the lobster boats come in—or go out!
53. Take a horse drawn carriage ride through the streets of Kennebunkport.
54. Peruse the local antique shops.
55. Hit some golf balls or play the unique par 3 at Pitch and Putt.
56. Be amazed by local artists at our many galleries.
57. Get treated royally at the Spa at Rivers Edge or Cottage Breeze Day Spa.
58. Let our staff make you feel welcome.
59. Sample our unique lighthouse salad followed by our famous lobster & shrimp sauté.
60. Walk barefoot on the beach.
61. Plan a family reunion at the Nonantum.
62. Spend a day whale watching.
63. Take the children to York's Animal Kingdom for a day.
64. Enjoy the wonderful grounds of the Franciscan Monastery.
65. Discover the marine life in the tidal pools at Mother’s Beach.
66. Watch the lobstermen unload their catch at Cape Porpoise Pier.
67. Admire the statue on the green, done by local artist Frank Hendlen—his first piece and done in his 80’s.
68. Stop and smell the beach roses.
69. Play a game of croquet on our lawn.
70. Learn about the local environment at the Rachel Carson Reserve in Wells.
71. Rent bikes from the Nonantum and explore.
72. Visit Rococo in Dock Square for some artisan ice cream.
73. Take photos of the Wedding Cake House.
74. Congratulate one of our new bride and grooms.
75. Walk the grounds and trails at Laudholm Farm in Wells.
76. Spend a day in the Old Port in Portland.
77. Discover the islands offshore with Casco Bay Line.
78. Book a room to return during our beautiful foliage season.
79. Meet some “locals” for a good story or two.
80. Climb on the rocks at “Whamby Beach”.
81. Tap your toe to Tom Snow’s jazz trio.
82. Wander across the bridge and discover Lower Village.
83. Get a lobster roll from Port Lobster and enjoy it at Colony Beach.
84. Celebrate a birthday or anniversary.
85. Walk with our staff on Wednesdays for exercise and local lore.
86. Catch up with friends using our wireless hookups.
87. Inquire about Kennebunkport’s annual Christmas Prelude Celebration—we’ll be open!
88. Spend time at the Portland Museum of Art and Children’s Museum.
89. Go back in time at Strawberry Banke in Portsmouth.
90. Take the kids out for a ball game at the Portland Seadogs, the affiliation to the Red Sox.
91. Take a photo of Goat Island Lighthouse—the last manned lighthouse in the state of Maine!
92. Stroll down to the Phyllis A. Maritime Heritage Assoc.---this historical exhibit of eastern rigged fill netter---also see their exhibit of boatbuilding tools and artifacts
related to the Warner Shipyard.
93. Bring your camera & take LOTS of pictures!
94. Go leaf peeping and gaze at all the great fall colors.
95. Take in a movie at the Saco Drive-In.
96. Try as many flavors as you can at Big Daddy’s Ice Cream.
97. Catch a glimpse of President George H.W. Bush as he cruises by on his fishing boat.
98. Rent a surfboard at Aquaholics and ‘hang 10’.
99. Visit Old Orchard Beach, walk the pier and have some fries.
100. Collect Maine seashells.
101. Stroll around the Maine Mall.
102. Bring your kids to the Candy Man for some “penny candy”.
103. Go strawberry & blueberry picking. Maine berries are the best!
104. Pick pumpkins at Spillers Farm.
105. Try a margarita at Pedros.
106. Visit the Landing School to see how ships are made.
107. Take the Historical Society tour that departs from the Nonantum.
108. Just relax!
109. Walk down to Dock Square and enjoy a Ben & Jerry’s ice cream cone.
110. Check out the unusual artifax at the Civil War Store.
111. Play tennis at the Old Fort Inn.
112. Pick flowers at Wallingford Farm and put a bouquet in your room.
113. Go sailing on the Schooner Eleanor.
114. Take an art class at Heartwood College of Art.
115. Peruse fine wines & cigars at Tully’s.
116. Enjoy our martini menu while singing along to the tunes of Tony Boffa.
117. Walk out on the jetty and count the boats as they head out of the harbor.
118. Visit Portland Headlight—the oldest lighthouse in the United States.
119. Walk out to Vaughn’s Island at low tide.
120. Take a peaceful, beautiful walk on Goose Rocks beach at low tide.
121. Take kids to climb rocks near Blowing Cave or just along Ocean Ave.
122. Go for a ride to Ogunquit & take a walk along the Marginal Way!
123. Take the kids (or yourself) to play a couple of rounds of Mini-Golf.
124. Skip stones on the sea or the river.
125. Dance to the Entertainment at the Nonantum
126. Sign up for an exercise class on our lawn
127. Visit the art gallery at River Tree Arts.
128. Walk or drive through Wells Reserve at Laudholm Trust to view the many bird species indigineous to Maine.